Career Development Office
The resources of the Law School’s Career Development Office (CDO) are available to all law students, both JD and LLM/SJD, as well as to all alumni of Tulane Law School. The staff includes five professional career counselors, each of whom functions both as a generalist and as a specialist in a particular practice setting or practice area. In addition to extensive individual career counseling, staff members develop and maintain relationships with employers throughout the United States and abroad and create programs to educate students about job search skills as well as practice-related topics. The most important role of the Career Development Office is to work with students to reach their professional goals. The CDO has walk-in hours Monday through Friday from 2:00 until 4:00, and counselors are also available by appointment. Please stop by the CDO or email your counselor to schedule an appointment.
Check out the CDO’s many resources by visiting CRIS: https://law-tulane-csm.symplicity.com/students/. You will find the following resources on CRIS:
- Jobs Section- job postings from around the country, as well as international postings
- Interview Programs Section- information on the CDO’s fall, spring, and summer interview programs
- Events Section- a list of upcoming CDO events, including an option to RSVP
- Resources/Document Library Section- handbooks and guides on practice areas, job search, cover letters, interviewing, and much more!
- My Account Section- create/edit profile and report summer employment (under career outcomes)
Additionally, there’s a student library containing career and professional development publications inside the CDO suite. A computer, printer, and fax machine are also available for job search related use.
Please visit our website to learn more about the CDO: https://law.tulane.edu/careers.
6329 Freret Street
Tel: (504) 865-5942
Fax: (504) 862-8797
The Tulane Law School Career Development Office is located in Suite 203 on the second floor of Weinmann Hall.
CDO Office Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm