Steps to Add a Printer Using IP Address for Mac
August 17, 2022
Adding a printer using the IP address on your Mac is just as straightforward. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Navigate to the apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen.
2. Choose “System Preferences…” on the drop-down menu.
3. Find “Printers & Scanners” on the list of options and click on it.
4. Select “+” in the bottom-left corner of the new window.
- Note: Some older Mac versions require you to click on “Add printer” before proceeding to the next step.
5. Go to the IP icon on the upper-left part of the new window.
6. Type in the IP address of your printer.
Available IP Addresses: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
7. Fill out the rest of the information, like the printer’s name and use.
8. When you’re done, click on “Add” in the bottom-right corner of the tab.
You’ve successfully managed to connect your printer to your Mac using its IP address. Now you can start using it normally.