News from the Financial Aid Office
February 23, 2023
- The LAST DAY FOR FALL LOAN INCREASE REQUESTS is December 19th at 9am. This will enable us to process the increase prior to the holiday break. Increases can still be requested after that date provided that the student making the request is continuing enrollment into the spring. However, requests made after December 19th at 9am may not be processed by our office until after we return from the break in January.
- OUR OFFICE WILL CLOSE on December 22nd at 2pm for the holiday and re-open on January 3, 2023.
- SPRING SCHOLARSHIPS started to disburse to students’ Tulane accounts on December 1, 2022 for students who are enrolled in at least ten credit hours for spring. (Part-time LLM credit hour requirement may vary). For students who are not yet enrolled for spring, scholarships will disburse once enrollment shows at least ten credit hours.
- SPRING LOANS will disburse to students’ Tulane accounts on January 9, 2023 for students who are enrolled at least half-time (five credit hours), their fall grades are in, Satisfactory Academic Progress is being met (https://financialaid.tulane.edu/resources/eligibility/sap ), and any other requirements are completed. Most aid is based on students being enrolled in at least ten credit hours. If a student’s enrollment plans are different than what the aid is based on, the aid will be adjusted upon notification from the student.
- STUDENTS BORROWING SPRING LOAN FUNDS to pay for living expenses can request a refund via Gibson Online on or after January 9, 2023. Refunds will credit to bank accounts during the week of January 9, 2023 (3-5 business days after disbursement and refund request is in place). Here are the instructions for requesting a refund, https://studentaccounts.tulane.edu/content/refund-disbursement
- INTERSESSION will take place January 9, 2023 through January 13, 2023 and tuition charges will be added to the spring bill. Financial Aid for the cost of it can be added to the Cost of Attendance and federal loans increased if needed. The cost of it will be $300. Email our office to request a loan increase.
- STUDENTS SEEKING FEDERAL AID for either Summer 2023, and/or Fall 2023/Spring 2024, should complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA which became available 10/1/2022. (www.studentaid.gov).
- STUDENTS WHO ARE APPLYING FOR THE BAR AND/OR CHARACTER AND FITNESS TEST can submit proof of payment (receipts) for those items to our office so that federal loans can be increased if needed. They can also request that the origination fees associated with disbursed federal loans be added to their Cost of Attendance and loans increased for those as well. Deadline will be mid-April.
- GRADUATING AND HAVE FEDERAL STUDENT LOANS? Mandatory Financial Aid Exit Sessions will take place during the week of March 6-10, 2023. Attendance at one of these sessions is mandatory for graduation. Details will be sent closer to that time.