Fall 2022 Aid – Message from Financial Aid
July 12, 2022
- Students seeking federal loans should now log into Gibson Online to make sure Terms and Conditions have been accepted, loans have been accepted, and all requirements for federal student aid have been completed. If not, those steps should be completed as soon as possible. https://gibson.tulane.edu/ . Instructions for new students can be found on the Admission Student Portal, or, for all students, on the Law School Intranet, in the Financial Aid section under DOCS (right side of page).
- First bills go out July 15th and are due August 14th. Students not enrolled on July 15th will receive the first bill on August 15th.
- Tulane Law School Scholarships disburse to students’ Tulane accounts on July 8th provided the student is enrolled in at least ten credit hours (part-time LLM credit hours required will vary).
- Federal student loans disburse to students’ accounts on August 15th provided all requirements are met and student is enrolled at least half-time (five credit hours). If all requirements are met by August 14th, Accounts Receivable will be able to see that aid will be applied to students’ accounts when the disbursement date arrives.
- Interest rates on federal loans are set at 0% until at least September 30, 2022 due to COVID-19, but are re-set each year on July 1. New interest rates for the coming school year are:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan 6.54%
- Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loan 7.54%
- Origination fees on federal direct loans are:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan 1.057%
- Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loan 4.228%
- Seat deposits will be applied to students’ accounts before the bill is due. However, locker charges may be applied after the bill is paid. Keep an eye on your student account for any charges that may be applied after the bill is sent out and/or paid. For example, if books are charged at the bookstore, those charges may be applied to student accounts until after bills are received.
- Students taking out loans for living expenses should be sure to be set up on Direct Deposit and Request a Refund when aid disburses. Instructions are here: https://studentaccounts.tulane.edu/content/refund-disbursement
- New students taking out federal loans should complete the Release of Title IV Funds form and return it to Accounts Receivable if they have not yet done so. It is found here: https://studentaccounts.tulane.edu/sites/g/files/rdw806/f/Title_IV_Release_Form_082216.pdf
- For questions about Tulane health insurance, contact Campus Health at email@example.com or visit their website for detailed information. https://campushealth.tulane.edu/
- For questions about financial aid, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 504-865-5931. If there is no answer, leave a message because we’re on another line. This will come to our email accounts and we’ll reply as soon as possible.
- For questions about your bill, contact Accounts Receivable at email@example.com .