Accessing Your WaveMail￼
Methods for Accessing Your WaveMail
You have two primary methods for accessing your WaveMail:
- Via the Web at https://www.outlook.com/tulane.edu or
- By configuring an email client like Microsoft Outlook 2016 to your personal laptop or desktop
Tulane refers its email as WaveMail.
The name before @tulane.edu in your email address is considered your Tulane University user ID (usually first initial and last name).
Microsoft Office 365
Tulane University students have free access to download Microsoft Office 365 to their personal laptop or desktop from their Tulane email account . When you login, you should see the Office 360 icon on the upper left hand side of your screen. By selecting it, you can install in Office 365 to your PC or laptop.
WaveMail – Forward Email To Another Account
Forwarding WaveMail to another email account:
This forward must be put into place on the Outlook.com web interface.
Please note: Effective December 2, Tulane Technology Services will not allow HIPAA identified users to configure autoforwarding from the Tulane email system to any outside email system.
- Log in to your WaveMail account:
- faculty, staff, and student accounts: http://outlook.com/tulane.edu
departmental accounts: http://outlook.com/wave.tulane.edu
alumni accounts: http://outlook.com/tulanealumni.net
- Click the Gear iconin the upper right hand corner.
- In the drop down menu, click Options.
- Look on the left hand column, under the Mail heading
- Select Forwarding
- In the blank Forward my email to: type in the address you would like to use.
- If you choose, check the box ‘Keep a copy of forwarded…‘ (meaning to keep a copy of all mail in your Tulane inbox).
- Click Start Forwarding.
- Return to your inbox by clicking Outlook in the top right corner.
NOTE: if your screen does not show the Options listed in these directions, you might be using the “light” version:
- Once you click Options and notice that your screen does not have the same color scheme or menu settings, go to Outlook version
- Uncheck the box: Use the blind and low vision experience
- Click Save which is above the check box in the blue stripe at the top
- Sign out of WaveMail and restart your browser
- Start again at the beginning of these directions to set up forwarding.
You were given a temporary password when you first received your Tulane University user account and it was necessary to change it via a web-based system called Self Service Password Portal which allowed you to simultaneously change the password for your email as well as other University systems (Gibson Online)
- Self Service Password Reset (SSPR)
- Password reset requires verification by sending a one-time security code to an alternate email address or mobile phone via text messaging. Your personal email address is automatically enrolled in SSPR at the time your Tulane user account is created. You have the option to change this verification to use text messaging to your mobile phone.Read more about the Self Service Password Portal at this link password.tulane.edu